Because boar bristles is an excellent hair brush material that has been used for centuries & multiple cultures across the globe. This kind of brushes have numerous qualities that make hair healthy, look amazing and that’s all done only by just brushing your hair with boar bristle brush. Boar bristle brushes do unimaginable things to your hair what no shampoo or what magic methods promises to do.
For those of you who have limited time here’s quick list why for hundreds of years boar bristle brushes are praised. For more detailed information please keep reading.
- Boar bristles spreads your scalp’s natural oils (it’s called sebum)
- Does not let your hair get dirty, greasy or look wet
- It gives hair strength, suppleness, and a healthy sheen
- Prevents hair from falling out (most common issue with new moms)
- Boar bristle brushes can detangle every hair type, even the most stubborn ones
- Gets rid of static electricity in your hair
- Boar bristle brushes are 100% natural & chemical free
- Everything is handmade - no machine oils or other substances are used in the process
- And they last a lifetime..
In general boar bristles keeps your hair healthier than they ever have been & makes your hair look amazing and natural!
There is a story of how we got to this gem. Here’s a brief & interesting history.
After a successful hunt, people have meat to eat, but there is always fur left that nobody uses. The fur is usually thrown out - which is unacceptable to us. We thought we could take the bristle and use it for beauty care so you can have naturally healthy hair. There are many boars in our Latvian forests and hunting for them is necessary for their population control and to keep agriculture going. Please keep in mind that we do not hunt for boar just to make brushes! As well we do not order the bristles from China or other wholesale countries!
Why did our ancestors start to brush their hair with boar bristle brushes?
Boar bristle contains the same compound we have in our human hair - it is keratin. As you brush your hair the boar bristle brush helps to produce and take the oils, and spread it from the very root of your hair and helps effectively carry throughout the hair length and smooth it until the end.
Nature has done its job and made sure that boar bristles are in such shape, thickness, consistency so it wouldn’t damage the hair while brushing, would go through painless even the most stubborn hair types and make them soft and shiny. And it actually would last your lifetime even if using it daily!
Here is a list of benefits what boar bristle brush will give to you:
- Watch your hair become naturally healthy and shiny as the boar bristles distribute substances from your scalp over your hair. These natural oils ensure that your hair stays protected and pampered every day. This way your hair is cleaned, detangled and conditioned at the same time.
- One of the greatest boar bristle brush benefits is that they don’t damage the hair while brushing - the brush will not tear your hair, it will not split and fracture anymore.
- The natural bristles gently massage your scalp increases the blood flow, encourages hair growth and creates thicker, longer hair as well.
- It will be easier to create your everyday hairstyle - your hair will obtain good elasticity and will be less frizzy.
- The boar bristles pick up dirt and dust - say goodbye to shampoo. Seriously, a lot of people actually are not using shampoo as much as they used to, not even close to that.
- Your hair will not electrify - boar bristles and wood do not generate static electricity.
And as one of our friends who is a passionate boar bristle brush user - Elle Lindquist says:
“...#Gamechanger...I have used hair bristle brushes a few times in my life and I like the theory of them because they don't break your hair like regular bristles do. Over time the bristles absorb oils from your scalp so it helps to condition your hair while you’re brushing it and yet if your hair tends to get dry or breaks easily or you're trying to grow it a natural - natural bristle brush is your best friend.“
Feel free and watch the whole video where Elle compares her experience with simple bristle brushes and natural boar bristle brushes.
To create a single boar bristle brush takes multiple days.
Bristles themselves that are used in brushes take only a very small percentage from all bristle the boar has on its skin. So we have to handpick one by one and check the quality of every single bristle. If that single bristle checks for all the quality signs only then we put it aside for sewing. Yes - we sew the bristles into the frame of brushes by hand. In the whole process, there are around 8 steps and each step takes time and expertise. After those few days of work, the boar bristle brush is packed into the leather case and is ready for its owner.
To sum up - Boar bristles are naturally the greatest thing what is available for our hair.
How to use boar bristle brushes correctly?
Be sure to always brush your hair dry and start from the end and work up until you can smoothly go through all the hair without hitching. Brush your hair several minutes massaging different directions on your scalp at least one, better 2 or 3 times a day for excellent results!
By cleaning your boar bristle brush correctly it will last a lifetime.